Are you confused? So am I. Now, you all know this is me (Holly), my SIL, Julie, and my niece, Ayla. 2 years ago when Julie was pregnant with Ayla we went on a trip to Las Vegas and Utah. When we were walking through the casino a worker stopped us and asked if I was Julie's mother. Yes, that's right- her mother. She then preceded to say we had the same eyes (for the record- my eyes are blue and round while Julie's are DARK brown and more olive shaped then mine). But, whatever. It became quite the joke on the trip. Was the worker blind, drunk, or were we being punked? When we went onto Utah we were shopping for clothes for Ayla and the saleslady ringing me up asked if Julie was my daughter. Again?! Seriously?! Well, again we took in stride and laughed about it for awhile.
Fast forward 2 years. Still bringing it up as a joke, but it kind of died down...until... it happened again. I was holding Ayla and a man said "Ayla, is this your grandma?" Ha Ha! Not so funny anymore. Yes, I had Julie at 8 yrs old and became a grandma at 29. Now, I didn't want to embarrass the man so my brother just nonchalantly said "No, that's my sister." Fine, fine. I didn't really like "joking" about it anymore. So, last week we went to see Julie speak in church (great job, Julie!) and an older gentleman turned around to welcome us. He is so kind I was thinking. Making us feel so welcome. Then he turned to me and said, "Now are you Julie's mom?" I gave him a look and he knew he was wrong. He immediately started back pedaling, but the damage was done. Now, I know that he is probably a very nice man, but I HAD to show my annoyance. This is happening way too much. Do I need to book my botox appointment tomorrow, or are these people CRAZY?! I know that I am aging. Ever since I turned 30 I see the signs everyday. I do what I can, but I can't turn back the clock. But, I'm sorry I don't look old enough to be Julie's mom! What does everyone think? Leave your comments and if I look old enough to be Julie's mom, tell me! I can take it. My ego has already been bruised enough.


19 comments:
You've got to be kidding...they do that to Tracy and I all the time...JK...you do not look old enough to be Julie's mom,they just want to make conversation with the "hot" chick!!
Funny...to me! Who knows what those loons are talking about??? Holly you look 25!
Oh. My. Goodness. Funny! But you DO NOT look old enough to be Julie's mom. Just her cute sister! :)
Oh my gosh Holly, that is the worst! I've decided over the last few years that people are just total idiots sometimes. One time up in Thatcher our whole famiy (may parents and all siblings and spouses -except Mark the party pooper) was singing in sac meeting and a couple of people thought that I was the mom....of everybody!!!!! And then one time I was at Deseret book and this lady from my MIL's ward saw me and asid "Aw, I didn't know you were expecting!!" and I said I'm not, I'm just fat right now and she said "Oh, stop it, seriously,. when are you due???" ....UM, OK, mabye I should pass on those Lion House rolls today.....
I can't believe people would think that, like I said....they are total idiots. You could take Ayla out all in pink with her ears peirced and someone will no doubt stop you and say "So how is this little Guy?? He's adorable!"
It was so funny to see your face when that guy asked you at Bret's ward. You don't look old enough at all to be Julie's mom.
Oh my gosh Holly you don't look a day over 19 what are they thinking. I hope you tell them that this is your real body. I really think that you don't look like the mother but you are so mature for your age. like when we use to paint at my house and you know you bloody well know what i"m talking about. I had a man ask if I was Marla Shumways mom when she is like 4 years younger then me. Oh well I think you are amazing and one of the youngest looking 30 yrs old girls that I know. Rock on Holly!
Chalk it up to the world we live in. Julie looks awefully young. She could totally get away with looking 15. ( I taught her in Sunday School when she was 13, and she doesn't really look much different) And if you were 15 when you had her, that would be possible. But the people who know Julie (in her ward) are just retarded. I am offended by proxy, since I am older than you;) Maybe these people were a litle bit older? BAd eyesight? I'm just sayin...you have none of the same features, and your coloring is opposite. If they can't see well enough to notice that, than it is not surprising that they are making such a big mistake judging age. They must be blind!
I can't believe that, I would never even think that you were Julie's mom maybe her sister but not her mom. That is just crazy. But it is pretty funny. I think that you look great!
I think if anything people would think you and Julie are twins! I think that would be more likely.
-Marcie
OH MY I cannot believe that people are CRAZY... You look amazing
ok honestly people. There must be a lot of heavy drinkers in this world..You in no way look old enough to be Julie's mom. You should carry around a card that says Insert foot in mouth. Then when someone asks you again you just give them the card.
Those dang people! Who do they think they are? I'm glad you made them feel awkward... they should! At least you don't have your 6 year old asking you if there is a baby in your big belly. Now that's awkward! Dang those children!
Can't wait to go to lunch this summer!!
You do not look old enough to be her mom--what is up. Julie looks young, but you don't look like her mom. what's up with these people!
You do not look old enough to be her mom--what is up. Julie looks young, but you don't look like her mom. what's up with these people!
Holly - you crack me up! Of course you do not look like her Mom!
That was so fun to see you girls the other night!
Ya that is funny, but it would definetly get old. You don't look like Julie's mom. It's wierd not to see you guys all the time now. I need to get pregnant. Just kidding, not quite yet! Email me your email address. Our blog is private. brittsue@yahoo.com
I am dying laughing and crying right now! Holly, I am so sorry cause you DO NOT look old enough to be Julie's mom! At least all these people have been old so obviously have lost their sense of judgment! Sorry! I was once asked if I was my sis Shanon's mom and I wanted to say, "Are you crazy? I am only 5 years older than her!" Don't worry...you're a rockin hot 30-something!
By the way... Holly besides looking totally the same (you and me that is) you do not look old enough to be my mom... also I do not look 15...
I thought you were joking when you told me that happened. Crazy people. You don't look like a grandma AT ALL! What!?!?!? Those people were high and if it ever happens again just ask...what have you been smoking, then see who's embarassed! And for the record--you're the hottest grandma I've ever met! Tiffany
Post a Comment