Monday, May 19, 2008

We're BAAAACK!

Well, we are back! Boy, did we have fun! Why did we have to come home? Everything was so perfect. Because the Disneyland Hotel was under renovation they had to switch us to another hotel...the California Grand Hotel! This is the newest hotel that was built right next to California Adventure. There is even an entrance for the people staying there to go to California Adventure. Because we had such a large party (13 is a lot?) they put us in the Vice Presidential Suite! We were VIP! (not really but we keep telling ourselves we were) Our balconies overlooked Bear Rapids and it was so nice to run up to the room when we needed to. Especially when we rode the Bear Rapids! We would run up, change into our swimsuits (Marcie and I would put on ponchos and a shower cap. Yes, we were bringing sexy back!) and ride the ride about 5 times then go back to our room and change. Can we also tell you how nice it is to go to Disneyland with 3 (yes 3) handicap people! We were able to go through the exit for every ride! We are a little spoiled now and must take Bridget every time. The kids were great! They rode some rides, and slept the rest of the time. It was so fun to have grandma and grandpa with us too. It was just like old times!! Plus, they got the totally cool scooters to ride around on and at night, when they went back to the room, they let us borrow them. We got through the parks so fast and our feet weren't even hurting! Since we went 5 days we got to ride all the rides, but also take our time doing it. Not to mention all the churros! Holly had about 15!! Since we got so many pictures we will TRY to narrow it down. Sorry if there is so many, but we are a dang cute fam so there were so many to choose from! Thanks for taking us mom and dad and thanks for being babysitters a lot so we could go down at night and ride the roller coasters some more!Thanks to the whole fam for going (including grandma and grandpa)! We had the BEST time with EVERYONE! When do we go again?

14 comments:

Caryn said...

You guys sure do DLand right! A looks so big in the Honey picture! I wanna come with you guys sometime!!

Janel said...

Seeing all those pictures makes me wanna go again! I love the DL! You guys look like you are having a blast.

Bobby and Shanna said...

I have been waiting to see the fun times @ Disneyland..Love GPa on the Tower of Terror...you guys rock..check out those narly scooters.. Glad you had a great time and now your spoiled with the VIP treatment..

sherry said...

Looks like an absolute dream vacation! You guys really know what you are doing. % days is perfect. No hurrying, you can put the babies down for naps at the hotel, change your clothes, etc. That is the way to do it! I am going to start saving my money now so we can do it that way...in about 10 years!;) More pictures! Dang cute family. There is no such thing as too many pics, only too few. Even Bridget looks like she had a blast! Jealousy...

Coplen's said...

Glad you guys are back! I have been waiting for D land Post! Looks like you guys had a blast. I am so happy! I love all the pictures. I love the one of Marcie and Holly giving Dena and Mike the bunny ears! That is so funny! And I have to say i love the one with Ayla on the honey pot! :)

Michael and Dena said...

You guys so brought sexy back in your shower caps. We had a blast. We have to go again soon.

Sommer said...

I want to be a Burnham... come on Brucie! Looks like a blast. Love the same colored shirts idea.

The Curry Family said...

I love all the color coordinations, so cool! You all look like you had so much fun. I watched the DVD and Grandma and Grandpa's yesterday, so fun! Grandpa and grandma talk about it all the time, they had so much fun!

theleavittranch said...

hey you gals looked like you were having a blast. But we all know how way more fun it would have been even in bringing sexy back if you would have taken your "real" body's. Love all the pics show more. I can't believe gpa and bridget went on tower of terror, it rocks.

Bret and Julie Burnham said...

We did have so much fun. All that they said doesn't even start to tell you how much fun we actually had! And I want to say thanks also to the grandparents for being the babysitters so much so that we could ride all the rides. I can't wait to go back again :)- also you picked cute pictures to put up. for anyone who really wants to see more Dena made a cute slide show of them and you are welcome to see it :)- thanks Dena!

Nichols Family said...

Hey Marcie...It's Jennie (Player)Nichols. I ran across your blog from Michelle and Byron's! I haven't seen you in soooo long! I'm glad I got to read your blog and catch up. I'm assuming you still live here in AZ? Stop by my link sometime.

Byron said...

Soo fun! I am craving some family time --- looks like you guys just love to be together, it makes me miss mine! So we are going to cali with my fam in June and are probably going to DL, is it worth it to go in the summer when things are so busy?

Richard and Chelsey said...

Dena told us about your run of good luck with the Hotel. You guys are so lucky!! I bet it was nice. We can't wait to go back to Disneyland but it will be awhile, since we have to start paying for Tucker in October. I updated my blog!

Jaimee said...

Your pics are so cute! I love the one of your whole family at the end. I drive by your parent's house all the time when I drive to Fry's and always tell my boys that that was my 2nd home in high school. Tell your family hi and that I love them. Please call me and come over sometime! Let's do lunch.

slide show